We are looking for a Regulatory/Product Stewardship Specialist with strong communication, computer, and organization skills to join our team. This position creates and oversees internal systems and databases, ensuring regulatory and product safety compliance for all raw materials and products.
- Assists and ensures company-wide compliance with all applicable product stewardship laws and regulations including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, DOT, GHS, etc.
- Enters all the formulations and chemicals into the SDS database.
- Enters sample requests into the system.
- Ensures data integrity related to raw materials, intermediates, and products.
- Reviews all supplier and company SDSs to provide and ensure accurate information is relayed to internal documents such as labels, Cimpro, Code Master, Shipping Sheets, and transportation documentation.
- Coordinates SDS generation and any changes with the label design team to initiate discussions regarding priority or customer notifications required as a result of such change.
- Consults with associates and supervisors as to specific safety, chemical, or handling concerns.
- Re-authors, updates and maintains the existing product SDS database for all chemical products.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a chemical approval program that manages all current and new chemical information related to SDSs.
- Assists with safety programming and training.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biosciences, EHS or similar field. Work experience commensurate with this education may be considered.
- Experience with OSHA, HAZCOM required.
- Experience in the coatings or chemical industry preferred.
This is an on-site position. APV offers a robust benefit plan that includes flexible schedule opportunities, paid time off, 8 paid holidays, a variety of insurance options and tuition reimbursement programs. Learn more by applying today.